Living with diabetes as you get older puts you at a higher risk of health complications. With proper management, you can avoid any diabetes-related health problems. At St. Agnes Healthcare Professionals, Inc., we provide quality home nursing care in Beaumont, Texas, to help people with diabetes manage their condition.
If you or your loved one has diabetes, here are some health tips from our healthcare professionals in Texas that you can follow.
- Keep an active lifestyle. Regular physical activity can help improve your glucose levels.
- Stick to your diabetic meal plan. Your diet can have a major role in managing your condition, so make sure that you eat healthy foods.
- Get a blood test at least once a year to manage your cholesterol and prevent your risk for heart problems.
- Take your medications as prescribed by your doctor. If you are experiencing any side effects from your medications, tell your doctor right away.
- Track your glucose levels and make sure to log your results. This way your doctor can identify if you are responding well to your diabetic care plan.